Everyone else is jumping on the prognostication bandwagon, so why not me?
- High resolution touchscreen interface
- Build-in tuner
- A DVI port on the back (for out-boarding the digital interface)
- Two USB ports.
- SD card slot
What's NOT been released yet is any mention of a built-in soundcard interface. However, Yaesu makes mention of a 'Preset' mode for things like FT8, and since you need a soundcard to run FT8 I'm guessing the soundcard interface is there.
The things I don't see but would like, beyond the soundcard interface, are:
- Built-in GPS, and a GPS synched internal clock
- Some level of industry standard environmental protection such as IPX5
- A set of factory rack handles (a-la the IC-7200) would be nice, but if not I'm sure Portable Zero will be right along with a set
- Yaesu traditionally 'gets it' when it comes to back-lit buttons (Icom? Icom? Icom?). Let's see if they continue the tradition